View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: ON THE LOT **official thread**

Michael Bay reminds me of

Laughing Out Loud - The only non-comedy of the night which made it stand out. Was the only film that had a "visual appeal" to it through the use of different lighting. I really enjoyed it although my hubby didn't "get it" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Broken Pipe Dreams - I liked this one. I think he could have done a better job indicating the beginning of the flashback as it took me a second to realize what was happening there...plus I would have made the lead a lot younger in the flashback, as that guy seemed a bit old to be freaking out over having the fish flushed.
I thought the fish coming out after the ring was awesome, but to tie it in better with the mishaps earlier, I think it would have been fitting for the the fish to perhaps slide out of his hand and into the dog's mouth. (ok..maybe that would have made it end on a downer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
I do feel that it could have been tightened up a hair by deleting some of the repitition.

Dough - Cute concept and I like the lyrics. Thought there was no chemistry between the characters.

Blind Date - Had promise and some funny moments. At first I was put off by trying to figure out if the first few imagined dates were all the same person, just made up differently.

Finkelsteins - The laughs came from the shock value of what was coming out of the father's mouth. The one thing that I am still puzzled about was the lead's insistence that his fiancee not be alone with his mother...yet we still don't know why. What could she have said that was worse than what was happening already?
The film had a promising premise, but disappointed.