Thread: Shield Finale
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Shield Finale

[ QUOTE ]
Oh also - wasn't it out of character for Vic to bail on his family at the hearing? I understand that he didn't want to go through with playing the autism card. But to just walk out and leave them hanging...didn't seem right. Has he done them like that in the past? I haven't seen the first few seasons. Lately he seems intent on doing well by them.

I sound negative in this thread, but I really do love the show. Just thought the final ep wasn't as good as it could have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you have said so far Crazy Eyes except that it was out of character to leave the hearing. First off, I guess he wouldn't be bailing on his family because the hearing really is about him. He is a man who will do whatever is necessary to protect himself and those around him. And he felt the best way to protect his job was not to try and present his case respectfully to a panel - it was to go out, stop whatever was going down, and prove his worth on the street.

That said - I agree with the sentiment here. This was a phenomenal season of The Shield, but I was expecting more out of the finale. The Hyatt thing was a quick turnover, the Shane thing didn't get taken care of, etc. The season premiere next year will be great, but they are leaving a lot of stuff open.