View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 AM

Default limit 5CD: Would you even consider not capping with a full house here?

CO seemed a little too loose.

I had played with SB for a while, and think he was playing a little tight and somewhat passive. He was constantly folding from SB when I had BB earlier in the session.

My first impression of BB was that he was tight and probably a little passive, but he hadn't played a significant amount of hands (maybe three orbits).

Limit 5 Card Draw ($1/$2) (converter)

SB ($22), Seat 3
BB ($41), Seat 5
Hero ($43.25), Seat 6
CO ($53), Seat 1
Button ($13.75), Seat 2

SB posts $0.50. BB posts $1.

Hero is UTG with [Jd 8h Th 8c Tc]

Round 1: (1.50 SB)

<font color="red">Hero raises. </font><font color="green">CO calls. </font><font color="#666666">Button folds. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font><font color="red">BB raises. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="green">CO calls. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font>
SB takes 1. BB takes 1. Hero discards Jd. CO takes 3.

Hero has [8h Th 8c Tc 8d]

Round 2: (6.00 BB)

<font color="green">SB checks. </font><font color="red">BB bets. </font><font color="red">Hero raises. </font><font color="#666666">CO folds. </font><font color="red">SB raises. </font><font color="green">BB calls. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font>

Pot: (15.00 BB - $30)

When SB check-reraised, I really put him on a full house. I didn't think that he would call from the SB with a draw in this situation (but maybe it's wrong to assume that a generally tight player doesn't necessarily play draws when he shouldn't). Maybe it was the check-reraise that paralyzed me, but I really thought that he probably had a bigger full house than me.

What would you have done in this particular situation?

Incidentally, I did see SB play a little loose/passive in an earlier hand when he limped and called a raise with QQ against my 777. He did raise when he made quads after the draw. I think I would have considered folding those trips if I had the same reads as I got later in the session, because he seemed very conservative.