View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Do I accecpt this abnormal tip?

[ QUOTE ]
The next day she comes in and proceeds to write me a $5 check with "for: service" written on the line. I have a laugh about it with my buddies and proceed with my shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you find this so funny.

[ QUOTE ]
Half way through the shift the old lady is long gone and we see paramedics rushing in, at first we have no idea what's going on but later find out it was the same lady who wrote me the $5 check who collapsed on the floor. The paramedics were there for at least an hour so I assume it was pretty serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the lady was already "long gone" from the bar, why would the paramedics later come rushing in for her?

[ QUOTE ]
Now I feel bad for her. On one hand I was nice to her and she wanted to reward my service with $5 which is well above the average tip you'd expect from an old geezer most likely on a fixed income so it'd be respectful of me to accept the tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although she may well be on a fixed income, the fact that she did did not have much cash on her the prior day does not mean that she is poor.

[ QUOTE ]
But now I don't know if she's in the hospital or dead, I have no clue, so should I just rip the check and throw it away?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see what her health status after the fact has to do with you feeling bad about accepting a tip that she made a special effort to give you.