View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Playing forever without a downswing? Is it possible?

I have been playing for a couple of years, and picked the game up quickly. Until recently I always had the opinion that playing low limit poker, 0.5/1, was a guarenteed income, without varience, just because I never really experienced any. Of course people would chase all the time and bust you every now and then, but even if this happened a few times in a row it was so easy to just grind the money back that varience wouldnt really feel like a factor. I moved up to about 2/4 (NLH by the way) and was doing alright but found varience to be much bigger. Needed some of the money I made so cashed out lots, and since dropped down to 0.5/1.
Now I cant seem to get on a roll at all. Im either losing or breaking even everytime I play to either chasers or 2nd nut hands I cant put down- trips over trips on the flop, etc. This is really annoying seeing as I used to take these games for granted as an easy way to build up my bankroll.

Have I finally ran into big time varience, and how do I approach overcoming it? At these limits, im not going on tilt so if I keep playing then surely it will end sometimes soon... you would think. This started 1 month ago, and I took 1 week off came back and same thing continued to happen. I play with my friends and use pt so Im sure Im not playing badly, but cant seem to beat bad luck at the moment.
After 2 years of easy money, has varience just finally caught up with me?