View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: do I lay this down?

[ QUOTE ]
I have Q 10 middle late. 2 callers in front two behind. BB, raises it to 8, but says he meant to make it 12. He has been very aggressive and won several pots uncontested, so I haven't been able to see his hands. Everyone calls. Flop is Q 10 9 with a flush draw. BB bets 15, folds around to me. I raise to 40. Folded to BB who reraises to 100. He has 105 left. Do I lay this down? Or am I good here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking based on his bet, he's on some kind of draw (flush or even straight) or a made hand (set or a straight). Your best case scenerio is that he was calling with AQ or he missed with AK and is drawing to an inside draw. You're about even on a good draw and you're behind on a set. That's a dangerous board. I would have called instead of re-raised considering the board and then take a card on the turn. Now it seems that he want to go all the way and you have to make a decision. Don't go broke on 2 pair. Until you get a read, I would probably lay this hand down.

In person, you may be able to pick something up (tell) so it depends. But based on the preflop and post flop action, I would tend to fold in this situation the first time around at the table. However, maybe you push now and dip into your roll and maintain the table aggression. There's advantages to that. I guess it depends on your style really. I can justify either given additional information. I really need more info.