View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: People who refuse to help themselves

[ QUOTE ]
"It takes money to make money."

This is always the one that has bothered me. I'm only 23 years old but I recently graduated from college and am now a grad student (MBA). I've always thought of myself as the more entrepreneurial type, that I wouldn't be happy slaving away for someone else in a cube somewhere--of course maybe that's just because nobody really wants that, I don't know--and that I want what I do to make money directly for me. What I feel I lack is something original, interesting, and exciting in the way of an idea that I can take and use to raise funding. Of course like you're saying, there are plenty of things that you can do and make a lot of money at without having innovative ideas, you just need to have a desire, work ethic, and some level of knowledge about the business. But in that case, where does the money come from, isn't it true that you need to 'have money to make money'? You can't just go to a bank and say hey look, I have no qualifications but I really want to do this and think I could make money at it, that's not how it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense a lot of fear in you. I sense a lot of frustration.

Don't be frustrated. Think of all the questions you have now that are unanswered as challenges. Find a way to go beyond and rise above those challenges.

You won't go anywhere in the entrepreneurial / business world by asking a question to yourself, not knowing how to answer it, and simply give up.

You must make a commitment to yourself to spend TIME as well as make use of your MIND to THINK and come up with creative ways to solve your problems.

[ QUOTE ]
it takes money to make money

[/ QUOTE ]

It is too easy to show you different ways you can make money without having any. In fact, there are thousands of ways. Most millionaires today are self-made.

But they sure as hell didn't become self made millionaires without running into adversity and overcoming it each and everytime. That statement you just made stumped me quite a lot for some time, but after countless of hours and hours and hours of research and implementation I found my own answer towards how I was going to make money without money.

You must do the same for yourself.

Start reading a lot of books and do a lot of research. Network your way and try and find successful investors / entrepreneurs / business owners and figure out how they did it. Educate your mind to become creative and seek knowledge in places and from people that have abundance both.