View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Another WTF2do in AC post

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

I'm going to AC for the first time. I play limit. I can hold my own at 1/2 online, and 2/4 - 4/8 in B&M. I have a few questions being it's my first time.

1. Where to play? I'd like to try at least 4/8. I have read about the "pink chip" game in a number of posts here. If I can do decently at 4/8, is this game a stretch? What about 5/10 or 6/12?

2. Four or five quick things to do in AC other than play poker (the girlfriend is with me, so no toothless crack whore recommendations please).

3. Parking? We're staying out on Rte #30 and will be driving in each day. Where to park cheapest?

4. I have been itching to try NL, both cash games and tournaments. I have played micro online (.10/.25) and do well. I do well at $5 sit-n-gos too. Any recommendations on a really soft $1/2 or some low buy-in tournaments?

5. Any other must-do things for an AC newbie?

Thanks in advance guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I would caution you about is that if you are "thinking about maybe playing up to 4/8" the pink chip game might be a little scary for you. Its 7.5/15 but it plays really big, really fast, lots of action. Obviously, the players are terrible and you can make some really good money, but variance is pretty high and you are playing over your head, so to speak. I can't imagine that playing scared is anywhere close to optimal in a game like that, but if you are positive you won't have a problem with that, buckle your seatbelt and make some money.

As far as 1/2 NL, the games are all soft. My favorite game is the Showboat, especially now that it actually fills up every night and they have 2/5 consistently and 5/10 occasionally. Players are....hilarious? Fun, anyhow. They also have good, cheap tournaments with a fair amount of play. Plus its a nice looking room.