View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 100nl>>>> trips OOP facing aggresion is this a standard call??

What are your reads on villain? Have you seen him push draws, limp QQ+, stackoff with TP, does he bet small his draw or does he bet weakly his monster to induce raises? His stats looks very aggro so he may very well be doing some of these things but you can only be sure by paying attention.
Concerning this hand, his really small bet might be to prevent CO from c-betting so he can draw to his flush, so raising the flop is probably a good idea. But your flop raise is atrocious! Raise to 30.
As played, when he minraises you, it looks very very suspicious. Why would he ever do that with a flush draw? It looks a lot like a flopped monster trying to milk the pot.
I think u should just call at this point. Check the turn, call a reasonnable bet, same thing on river.

As a side note I think stacking off with trips/weak kicker on a multiway pot (especially agst a limper) is a common leak. Because the trip possibility is so obvious for everyone I play these extremely cautiously unless I have a specific reason to put all my money in.