View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Badugi resources online?

While I agree position is valuable, position also changes in badugi much like it does in a stud game. In certain games, say you limp in EP, someone raises from MP, and you get 4 or 5 way action with the blinds coming in.... all the sudden you are in the best position to profit if you make your hand. This is especially true if the preflop raiser never checks behind with a made badugi on a big street, and always bets all 123, 124 type hands, which quite alot of badugi players fall into the trap.

You can play much weaker draws when the guy driving the action is directly to your left in multiway pots because you'll have all the information you'll ever need. It's either 2 bets to you and you dump, or you're closing out the action most always. Conversely, in most large multiway pots, you can hardly profitably play a hand if you've got direct position on the pat/driving the action player. If you're drawing you're going to be putting in 2 or more bets to draw way too often, and if you make a hand you'll end up winning alot of smaller pots. Most the big pots are won when you make a hand in a multi-way pot OOP.

In Heads-up pots where players tend to give up with 1 draw to come if they think they have an inferior draw, I tend to play my strong 3 card draws much differently than most of my opponnents. I always try to show weakness at some point in the hand, to encourage a weaker 3 card hand to think they might be good.

Start off a heads up match raising before the first draw with an A23, or catching something similar after a 2 card draw and checking it and you really open yourself up to be able to play many more hands and many more weaker 3 card hands and taking pot after pot.