View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Wombat, why you give up at WPEX? Bust out?

[/ QUOTE ]

A few reasons...concern about bots, lack of game selection, losing (mostly losing). Lifetime on wpex I beat 10/20 and 20/40 for a handy clip and got slaughtered at 5/10 and 30/60 and up which I don't really have an explanation for. With my rakeback I still did fairly well of course but I made a decision that playing 25k hands and breaking even with extremely large swings in both directions and then getting a fat rakeback payment was not worth the stress and mental anxiety I underwent during those huge swings. I think playing with such a low edge and with the frustrating style of some of the players on wpex was causing me to tilt easier and just add stress to my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the mental aspect of wpx is often overlooked, so i am glad you brought it up. the bottom line is to make money, but that often is not enough. i know several people who simply cannot stand to look at PokerTracker and see red numbers, regardless of whether or not they are actually earning money.

also, the players are much more aggro than at other sites. this does not mean that they are better by any stretch, but the beats that they dish out are phenomenally retarded and can be super frustrating.