View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Hand 2 3/6

I don't 3bet the turn much as a semibluff so against an excellent player I am with you on not 3betting the turn here because he'll fold lots when he is drawing dead I'm guessing. However I think I would donk almost any river. Donking looks like exactly what it should look like in this spot, you not letting him get a free showdown. However you could be doing this with MUCH weaker hands here so he can raise with all kinds of stuff you beat. I have only done this a couple times, but I think bet/3bet may be the best line on the river (especially this one). Maybe bet/call on nonfull house rivers. I'm betting for sure because I think that this is actually the best way to get at least 2 bets to go in when you both have decent hands. What to do in what I think is a likely situation of him raising depends on a lot and since I'm not you or him and haven't played with either of you I don't really know.

This river I think is especially a bet because A7/AT got gayed and he might check but I'm guessing is calling. 89/KQ are raising because I don't think there's any way he thinks you can have a set or AJ.

I know your question was about this river, but there are a lot more not full house rivers that can come so I think those are more important. Full house rivers you can bet/3. Non full you can bet/do whatever you think is right. If you c/r I think he is almost always calling or folding on paired board. Unpaired he is probably 3betting straights only.