View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: June Low-Content Thread

I forgot to complain about my Friday session so I will now. I got stuck like 3 racks playing 40 I don't even know how in about 2 hours. 3 racks isn't a big deal but when you've been winning hand over fist the past few weeks you begin to forget that it's possible to win less than every single chip on the table and sometimes you even leave with less dollars than you began. I think I won the first pot I played by turning a gutshot with AQ vs Danny's AK on a KT9 flop and then lost every single pot after that. I manage to somehow claw my way back to up a little bit by about 11pm and I stay that way until about 4am. By 5:30 I am walking away somehow stuck 3300 in a 5 handed game with 3 rabid animals and Sandeeb who I don't think is good but is probably a winning player in most lineups. It's not a lot of dollars or a lot of bets but it was pretty surprising because the 5 handed game was super passive but everyone kept flopping pairs and the few I flopped fell to something stronger or someone hitting their draw like every time, and when I'm isolating someone or raising the button constantly and keep making second best it usually doesn't end well. I guess that actually doesn't make it too surprising.

I also just realized that the only two straight flushes I have made playing live I made on the same day at the same table. I've also folded a decent amount of hands that would have made straight flushes and weirdly enough I have folded deuces three times that they would have made quads but never any other pair that I can recall.