View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Variance Please Help

I was amazed by the variance I had myself as well at the 1/2 Limit game at PokerStars especially since 0,50/1 was easy to beat for me, ofcourse with ups and downs. 1/2 so far breaks even after 17K hands, which also means I need a little more hands before I can really say something about my play. I also already adjusted some small things and this seems to work (was down about 150 BB before). I'm also down to 4 tables, where I played 6 to 8 at 0,50/1, I want to be confident about my play first before I open more tables or move up.

I think the huge variance comes with Limit/FR and a lot of Tight opponents. I also notice it really matters what times you play, since sometimes it's just full of regulars which all seems to break even but you won't find an edge there yourself.

I don't see a lot of people really winning on these limits, I guess most regulars just play 1/2 because they like it and all the better players are either moved up, playing 6 max or moved site. Which means you have a really small edge vs the regulars, who you might beat, but this will come with big variance.

I will check my PokerTracker for stats on you and might see some things. But I don't think I really have a lot of hands to say something other then that I have the same sort of graph.