Thread: NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: NBA Finals

[ QUOTE ]
The hot thing about the Cavs making the finals is it makes Cleveland a super hot destination for free agents. I mean really, his team is [censored]. I don't want to hear crap about an underrated supporting cast. Z is an above average center nearing his last leg, and yet, the style of play that best suits him (slow pace, half court sets) is the opposite of what Lebron should be doing (open court play). Boobie is a good bench player, good shooter, Bron seems to like him, but he's no big deal. Hughes is an overpaid piece of crap. Gooden would be OK if he played within himself, but he's always out to prove he's superman and does retarded crap. Sasha's got a future, though he still makes bonehead mistakes and is a major defensive liability. Varejao does what he does well. Damon, Donyell = crap.

The Cavs should only get better, while the Heat and Pistons look to worsen. The east should be wide open for them, but they need upgrades at most positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

in theory you're right

in reality: they have gibson on a 2nd round rookie deal, which means he's dirt cheap then is unrestricted FA next year. who knows if his playoff success is for real or not.
they lose Varejo and Pavlovic this year. Yes, seriously, unrestricted - thank the GM for that.
They have a horrible draft pick.
They have no cap room, because they have a ton of guys locked up. (LBJ, big Z rightfully, Hughes, Gooden, Snow, Marshall, Damon Jones not as deservedly) Even though the east is weak next year, I'd be really shocked if the Cavs make it here next year. They're in for a DOWNSWING!

also, look at their playoff series..
4-0 vs a slamdunk wizards team that had to play 8th/9th/etc. men as starters.
4-2 vs a nets team. i would elaborate, but... VC had chances, both teams looked anemic and horrible, and the cavs didnt exactly make a statement.
4-2 vs pistons, this impressed me. pistons did look pretty mediocre throughout, but after games 1 and 2, lebron was on another plane.