View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Reviewed hand, still confused with ATs

I'm trying to reply a lot more than post, but...

I was doing a bunch of hand reviews, particularly to see what starting hands I'm having trouble with. It turns out that KQo and ATs are money losers for me so I focused on those. The KQo losses had quite a bit of atrocious stupidity and I simply need to work on my play with that hand. My ATs play did not look as bad, but this hand presented me with a bit of a problem because I'm still not entirely sure what the proper line of play is even after thinking about it.

Ultimate Bet 0.01/0.02 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: OrigamiSensei is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.01.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">OrigamiSensei raises</font>, SB (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">OrigamiSensei raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">OrigamiSensei bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">OrigamiSensei raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Pre-flop is completely standard.

I'm starting to question my flop raise. I know at the time I pretty much fell in love with that straight draw. However, when I went back and ran a bunch of Poker Stove numbers I was surprised to find that I did not have nearly as much pot equity as I thought I did and I'm not entirely sure why. I ran the numbers while I was on a plane, so don't have them to hand, sorry. I do know my calculations showed less than 33% equity with two opponents under several scenarios. In any case that seeming lack of equity makes me question the raise.

Whether I screwed up the flop or not the turn is a no-brainer.

Then on the river I find myself wondering if the raise wasn't spew. Granted I don't want to suffer from MUBS but when SB wakes up for the first time all hand I have to wonder whether simply calling is the best course of action.

My main interest is in the flop on this hand so that's where I'd like to focus discussion. In general I'm finding I have by far the most difficulty with flop play over and above any other aspect of my game.