View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Default destroying my home game but feeling guilty....

ok, just to warn you, this is a bit of a brag post but it has a serious point.

i started having a home game. i have nice chips and a good table for it and it's been fun. so far we have had 2. the buy in is £5. it's a cash game, with rebuys. blinds are 5 and 10 pence. i play a lot higher than that online but it makes sense for my mates not to risk too much. they all think they are a lot better than they are though. i kind of know how to run a decent game, so i do the bank and it has all run smooth so far.

the first time we had it only 4 showed up and i ended up 5 buy ins up. the second time it was 5 people and i ended up 10 buy ins up. they just kept rebuying when they went bust. only one other person each time made anything at all. the first time they were keen as mustard to come back but the second time they were saying 'oh i'm not sure if i can make it next week...' the problem with most of them is they just love a gamble and find it hard to lay down a half decent hand.

so my question is, should i make it a tourney with one rebuy or something? or keep it the same structure and if they dont come back look for some more players?

it's all very well for me making £50 in one game but i cant see them coming every week if they are dropping £20-30 a time.