View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All funds remaining in your Full Tilt Poker accounts have been seized in order to compensate the victims of your bot use.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one part of the story that shouldn't be a big mystery.

FTPDoug should be coming on here to explain what is being done with the $70000. That's a lot of money and unlike security procedures there is no legitimate reason for cheating compensation to be a secret.

Until then I urge everyone who lost money to beatme recently to write FTP and ask what they have done with the money. If no one reports getting any money back it's hard to escape the conclusion that FTP is keeping the money for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. This is what I was getting at earlier.
Until we hear "sweet- got monies back from Full Tilt for being botted" stories the actions regardless of the circumstances work in Full Tilt's favor, which is the part of this outcome that seems very in line with the NL "bots" outcome, where Tilt took much longer to determine they couldn't determine anything, and had an involved dialogue with the accused- which in this case they didn't.

Again- I have almost zero interest right now in the actual guilt or innocence because I don't believe whatever "evidence" was used by Full Tilt to make this determination will ever become public knowledge, and speculating is a waste of time.
That said, there are some plausible scenarios that seem to be dismissed straight out simply because Full Tilt closed the account and punishment is being used as proof of guilt.
Given their track record that seems a ridiculous leap of faith in Full Tilt, but does show how an outcome like this actually works in their favor regardless of actual guilt.

Email for those refunds. gogogogo.