View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: The Fact of the Matter is . . .

[ QUOTE ]
All I can go by is the evidence. 23-30. OK, maybe they're not this bad. Maybe. But they're nowhere close to a playoff caliber team. They're 10th in the league in ERA. They have 4 saves. The team that's in last place in team ERA has 13. Their save $ is 29%; the next worst team is at 57%. Their pitchers have struck out the fewest numnber of batters by far, yet given up the 3rd most walks. They have the second fewest quality starts. The right fielder has the lowest OPS, by far, of any AL right fielder. The center fielder is 9th out of 13; so is the 2nd baseman, two players that are supposed to be key elements of their lineup; the 1st baseman is 11th. The DH is injured, out indefinitely. Out of the pen, Myers, Proctor, Farnsworth, Henn, Villone, Bean and Vizcaino have combined for 78 walks against 68 strikeouts. One guy who's started four games for them has 15 walks and 6 strikeouts.

Mussina is 38. Rivera is 37. A-Rod, who was carrying the offense, hit .400 throuh April 23; he's hitting .224 since April 24.

Pain me as it does to admit it, I don't see any upside.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I see NY winning 85 games tops.