View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 03:16 PM

Default scam at pokerstars

Recently I fell victim to a scam at pokerstars. Boxing day while in a tournament an observer asked if anyone was familiar with western union and would like to make a few dollars. I said I do and was told to add him to my msn. He said he wanted to trade $$ at pokerstars for a w.u. money order so he could play in a tournament later that day at foxwoods. I thought about it, and would make $50-60 for an hour of running around. Seemed legit. He transfered the funds to me at pokerstars, and I then made the money order for him. A few days later I was informed by p.stars that my account would be temporarily deactivated because the matter was under investigation as I victim to a scam. I then received a phone call from pstars security saying the money transfer they performed would most likely be reversed and I would be out $740. I then receive an email from security yesterday saying the accounts in question would be permanently closed. I feel if pokerstars reverses the money transaction their site performed they are giving the power to the scammers and their legitimate users have no protection against such scams. It was I who was contacted by the scammer not I who initiated contact. What recourse do I have? Has this happened to anyone else? Otherwise I love their site, their tournaments are awesome and the revemped FPP rewards are fantastic.