View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: New Job: Given Office, Then Moved To Cubicle. What to do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thing is, I kind of want the office. My job requires a lot of concentration, and I'm constantly going to be on tight (daily, sometimes hourly) deadlines to get things done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Us cubicle people are [censored] animals that never do work, never have deadlines and just make paper airplanes all day.

Seriously dude, you're already acting like a pretentious dick acting like you're too good to sit in a cubicle. You're already on the road to the person that everyone hates and no one talks to, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never worked in an office. Always in a cubicle. So I'm not sure how I could come off like a pretentious dick who hates people in cubicles. I'm also not sure if you actually read my post, but I said that the only thing that bothers me is when people sit around at the open conference table, not having a meeting, just to [censored] and laugh while everyone else is trying to work. I never said anything about the people in the cubicles around me (who are really nice, and aren't loud).

So I guess you wouldn't be disappointed if you were given a private office with two windows, and then you were moved to a [censored] cubicle?

And maybe this might make a difference. I'm not a [censored] investment banker or something. I write for a living. I'm not making six figures and driving a [censored] beemer. The office was just a nice perk. And believe me, I haven't shared these thoughts with anyone at work, so nobody hates me. I can't say I've gotten a bad vibe from anyone.

EDIT: You're from Pittsburgh. Ugh. Why did I even waste time replying? I know it's such a horrible thing to stereotype an entire geographical region of people, but from my five years living outside of Pittsburgh, I know that I hate 90% of the people that live there.