View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: $16s - 15/30, AKs flops flush draw against short stack

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that you are "hero" here. The initial raise wasn't bad, though a small pair had you beat. 5xBB isn't irrational for AKs. But when you bet the 375 and UTG 1 raises to 780, the correct thing to do here is call the 780. The reason is, while he doesn't have the nuts (he didn't go all-in on the raise), he definitely probably does have something at the $16 level, probably something like the AQo or A/8. Either way, he's willing to bet half his stack on it. You don't have ANYTHING, though, and so you should just call him. If the turn is not a diamond and he goes all-in, you do not have the pot-odds to call. It really becomes a game of pot-odds on the turn depending on his bet. If you do get the diamond, it almost always pays to "check" anyway. Slow-play the guy, and he'll usually go all-in. If not, call him all-in after the river assuming an unpaired board (full house possibility). You can take advantage of him maximally this way, you will be way up in the tournament.

I've worked my way up in P'Stars now, and this is just an idea, but it's an idea that works. Take your time, think about it carefully before you call, and if the bad beat comes...you HAVE to maintain your confidence. I hope this helps. Take care.

Cameron

[/ QUOTE ]

this has to be a gimmick acct.....solid.