View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Party crashing - HELP! I\'m about to go postal!!!

Good tips Scout -- I also keep the task manager open and sorted alphabetically but for a different reason than you...for me, it's so that as soon as I see Party initiating its internet delay / crash sequence, i can ctrl-alt-del kill the process and restart it hopefully before my hand has been folded...i've lost SO many pots b/c of this damn crashing.

I'll try out the NLH-tab tip you gave...although i'm a little skeptical, i must admit -- there's been a half dozen times when i'd *thought* i'd found the solution b/c of one crash-free session only to have it crash on me minutes later.

Can I ask u this: are your symptoms the same as those i described in my OP? B/c there seem to be a host of other party crash bugs that i think are probably unrelated to what i'm experiencing. In particular, a lot of people are describing a LAG...or maybe it's a memory leak...but anyway, they're describing how party runs slower and slower the more tables they have open until it basically runs too slow to even be playable and has to be restarted...you seem to be describing something similar...

The problem i'm experiencing, though, seems to be a little different than this (although maybe related...who knows)