View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: 100/200 at the Borgata

That's the game that I usually play in. Although, it's not always the same limit----sometimes it's 100/200...other times it's 75/150. Sometimes there's a 1/2 kill, other times not. And sometimes it's straight O8, and other times it's a half hour of each, O8 & Stud8. It depends who's in the game and who was there to open the game.

With all that said...the game is GREAT. It's not overly aggressive (as you would normally expect to see in the higher games) but there is definitely some aggression. If you don't already play Stud8, I suggest you learn. Players overvalue their hands all the time in O8 (lots of Holdem players that are making the transition) and you're always gonna get paid off.

There are definitely some strong players in the game, too, and I'm sure you'll be able to spot them within 30 minutes.

Players in the game tend to stay too long, and, you're gonna see a lot more tilting than you might expect. Just stay patient and don't be afraid to make some noise; if they suspect weakness or anyone who might be squeaky tight....you're gonna have a hard time. Just play your game, you'll be fine.

I buy in for 5K (which is more than the norm) and if I get there early, I'll always try to start a 75/150 2-way game because that's what I prefer, and, the game gets off just about everyday.

Good luck.