View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Prophetic Moment or Random Coincidence?

I had a really weird couple of weeks, and it was coming off the back of a losing streak as well, which may have heightened my perception towards things that sucked. Anyway...on with the story...

So, I had just broken up with my girlfriend, she moved out of our apartment and I was living by myself, with no proper friends around me. I had been really thinking of going travelling, and I had always thought of going to Amsterdam as my first stop.

A music festival was coming up, and I managed to get tickets for it the night before, through the festivals forum. I drove down to it, to hook up with some friends down there. I had an impending sore throat which I was trying to ignore, but in came on full force that night and I ended up driving back home! When I was getting into my car I found my glasses crushed on the floor - I had just got them a few days previous.

The next day I hooked up with my ex, and the two of us ended up in the shower fully clothed :P In the heat of the moment I left my phone and everything in my pocket. Phone got soaked through so I had to get a new one.

Couple of nights later I was walking down Dublin quay on my way to a bar when a junkie asked me for the time. I stupidly took out my new flashy phone, and he threatened to stab me if I didn't give it to him. He was bigger than me, with cuts all over his face. It was pretty clear what the least -EV option was!

Next morning I go to get my car...clamped!

A day or two later my car is parked in a quiet residential area. I go to get it...wing mirror kicked off!

My desire to [censored] off to Amsterdam or wherever else was growing with each unfortunate incident!

So then I am at a party in my friends house. I'm driving so I cant drink, but he gives me a couple of bottles of beer to take home. I put one in each pocket of my coat. As I'm getting out of the car I kinda stumble to lock the door, and an apple I was holding falls on to the ground. Being so p!ssed off with everything that had been happening over the past couple of weeks, I kick the apple and it shoots off down the road. I walk on to my house and I notice the apple. I walk over to it, and it had stopped rolling exactly beside a flight ticket stump. Destination on the ticket? Amsterdam