View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Party crashing - HELP! I\'m about to go postal!!!

Slim, I def don't have the problem you describe where i can't connect to ANY other internet page when this happens...everything on my computer including internet access works just fine even when party is crashing/not responding. ***I should stress that: not only does it merely say "connection lost" when this happens, but the Party client actually stops responding / freezes completely.

I know the bug you're talking about when u say you see chips in front of the winner while the next hand is being dealt, but that's just a bug i think, and unrelated to the problem I'm describing...when the problem happens, as i wrote, the entire client freezes -- in fact, that's always the first sign that the program is crashing: it either gives me the internet delay countdown, or just freezes altogether, so no more hands are dealt (at least that i can see).

<font color="red">I'll say it again -- what i find most surprising about this whole thing is that I can't find anyone who is reporting having the same problem -- but it CAN'T be localized to just my computer because I get the EXACT same headache on both my desktop (at home) and my laptop (when i'm traveling), and with just as much frequency on each. How is it possible that i could experience exactly the same problem on two different computers, but no one else is reporting the same!!? The only similarity I can think of between the two is that they're both relatively new Dells, and i think i got close to the same processor on both: a dual-core AMD 3800. I guess the same programs are installed on both, but they were ALSO installed on an old computer where i didn't get this problem.</font>