View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Common problem I have - EP with low M

Well, rereading my post, maybe that part wasn't clear. The tourney I was in at that time was a typicaly $60 buy in. Making final table of that tourney would allow me to buy in to another $60 buy-in the following Sunday, which I would have to finish 1st in to get the $1500 seat (also, qualifiers for that tourney got more chips the more FT's they made during the week, and this was the only day I was up there to play, so I wouldn't have qualified for extra chips).

I guess the question I'm really trying to ask is, should I have been trying to win the tourney I was actually already in (and would the best play in that spot be a fold or a shove), or should I have just been trying to qualify to buy in to a tourney which I'd have to win (probably anywhere from 70-80 players) to get anything more than I could have won in the present tourney.

I agree a 1500 seat is worth more than the $900 or so I could win in the tourney I'm already playing, but I'd have to FT this tourney, and then win the following tourney (while likely starting out short stacked compared to a few at my opening table), etc.