View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Common problem I have - EP with low M

Hmm...since my situation was nearly identical, thought I'd add it into this thread for feedback.

50 person live tourney down to 11 players (6 on my table, 5 on the other). Folded around to me in the SB, and I find 77. Blinds are 1500/3000, I'm in for 1500, have about 11-12k behind (M~3). Table chip leader (by a lot) is in the BB. Two shorter stacks than me at table (one guaranteeed to be blinded all in this orbit), and one at other table, so I'm 8 of 11.

Do I shove here? If I make any raise at all, I'm pot committed. Folding seems extremely weak tight, but there's a kicker -- the entire final table qualifies for a tournament the following weekend ($60 buy-in) where the winner gets the bonus of a $1500 WSOP buy-in, on top of the standard tourney payout. On the other hand, the tourney I was in was only paying five spots, and I was playing to cash (or win), not to make FT and finish 8th or 9th.

So do I shove my 77, or fold, knowing I'm likely to not be the next player out.

Variance: Bubbled a final table there the week before, shoving suited Ax from SB into BB who had AK, when I had an M of 5, and it was folded around to me.