View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: vegas - Poker Room Rate Questions

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I am planning on going to Vegas in July during the week of the main event (July 15-July 20), but I'm not playing, and for the first time I am considering getting a room at a hotel with poker room and eat the extra costs associated with that. I tried to do a little searching on this but have not been able to answer my questions completely. I am curious about poker room rates at Bellagio, Wynn and Mirage. Here are my questions:

- If the required time is 6 hours and I'm staying 3 nights can I play 18 hours in one day and not play the other two and still get the rate or do I need 6 hours every day?
- Does anyone have the current rates for these three hotels?
- Does the Venetian have a poker rate and if so do they regularly spread games in the 10/20 - 20/40 range?

If you have anything else to add please don't hesitate.

edit: I forgot to mention that I would like game selection. I know in the past few years that I have gone that Bellagio always has the most games going at 15 but through bad luck I have sat at some bad tables (also great tables). I found the Wynn 15 game to always have great tables but have only played a few times there.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Wynn and Mirage, you just need an average of 6 hrs/day over your stay. You can break it up as you wish.

Personally, I don't like booking poker rates unless they are substantially less than the rack rate. There's nothing worse than waiting on a list for the one 15-30 table running at the Wynn when you know there are probably 4 better games running at the Bellagio. Also, if you have to wait 2 hrs for a seat, you might have to play when you don't feel like it. Life's too short. If I were you, I'd probably just book a room at the internet rate at the Mirage and have the freedom to play wherever, whenever. Just my opinion.