View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Live Play Discussion

Yeah, I agree. I was out there a few weeks ago and played Bellagio, Caesar's and Wynn 2/5 and watched a friend of mine play 10/20 at the Bellagio.

The 10/20 Bellagio as well as the 2/5 Wynn had a lot of deep stacks, but I really didn't think that in either case that many of the players really knew what they were doing as deep as they were.

That of course doesn't necessarily mean you should buy in really deep yourself unless you feel like you know how to handle a stack like that. I bought in for $600 at the Wynn but regretted not having had maybe $800 on the table.

Anyhow, all of those games are very beatable--just depends on what style you prefer and/or if you feel like the $500 cap at Bellagio is a hindrance. I can't really remember whether the 2/5 was capped at Caesar's. I almost think it wasn't but not sure.

My impression for then is that the Wynn game is good for a player who likes to wait patiently for a big score. Bellagio and Caesar's played more along the lines of "raise a lot very loosely and fold to any heat," so those are good games to chip away at players who put in a medium amount, then fold because they're weak--at the Wynn you'd better be pretty strong yourself (at least at the table where I was at) because they'll pop it to you if they have a decent (not necessarily great) hand or think they can get you off yours.