View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Who plays stroke-and-distance?

[ QUOTE ]
I always play by the rules.

<font color="blue">Triple H, it is virtually impossible to play by the rules all the time in a non-competitive situation. Are you claiming at a busy course, if you unepectedly lose your ball, you are heading back to the tee to hit 3? I have never seen that done unless it was a slow day at the course.
</font>

Personally I know too many people who bend the rules, then brag about the scores they shoot. This I find very annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. The good news is it actually hurts these people in gambling as well as handicapped tournament situations.

OP, anyone who answers yes always is a liar or mistaken. No one knows all the rules well enough to answer "always". BTW, that includes touring pros and rules officials at PGA events.

Generally most semi serious golfers are pretty good at taking the proper stroke and distance penalty for OB situatons. These same golfers rarely take the proper stroke and distance for a lost ball. I include myself in that, as sometimes it is just not reasonable to be able to do it.

Peace,

KennyBanya