View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Need advice - What is the +$eV play here.

at this point the pay jumps are so small relative to what they are later on, and while having 300k as opposed to 130k(if you fold) will be helpful, it won't necessarily lock up 3rd place or anything because the stacks will still be reasonably distributed. for starters, i would definitely raise 2.5x or thereabouts to induce a resteal because it is a button vs blind situation and peoples ranges should be fairly wide. making this big a raise is a larger % of your stack and should make people fold more than you want them to with AXs, smaller pairs, etc.

you need ~36.6% equity to make this call break even cEV wise and like i said before i don't think $EV plays too big a role here, if one at all. i gave a pretty tight range(imo) for the villain here, 77+, ATs+, KQs, ATo+, KQo, and vs. this range you are 48.5% so it's a really ez and super +cEV call. even if he's shoving as tight as 88+, AJs+, AJo+ you are still 43.8% and it's still a really ez call. even if he's shoving JJ+, AQs+, AQo+ you are still 39.3% and gotta call. basically he would have to be a huge huge huge nit and some unrealistic bot or something to fold 99 here.