View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Turn decision for stack, in position

Private home game, 10/25 NL, 5-handed, buy-in capped at $3K.

Non-regular villian involved in the hand was for the most part playing cautiously and up a little bet. About an hour in, I have not seen him try to make a play on anybody or three-bet yet. Effective stacks are a little over 3.5K at start of the hand. I started out playing tightly but have seen some playable hands lately and appear to be aggressive, and took a pot down with a continuation bet just earlier.

I'm on the button with king-jack offsuit and table folds to me. I raise to $100. Small blind and big blind non-regular villian described before both call very quickly.

Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Pot: $300
Small blind checks, Villian checks, Hero bets $225, Small blind folds, Villian check-raises to $625, after a slight hesitation Hero calls $400.

Board becomes J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Pot: $1550
Villians bets $1150, Hero ????

Another question- should I re-raise in this situation on the flop?

thanks in advance