View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Default 4/8 B&M; ATs huge flop (check-up)

Table is oddly tight for our usual 4/8 B&M game. 10 players. This is early in my sit. For the first 5-6 hands it's been only 3-5 to the flop...4 is common tonight. Raises are clearing out the field pretty good.

Villain is aggressive, with undeserving and deserving hands. Cold-calling is standard. The only thing discernable from the CC is that he doesn't have complete crap. He'd re-raise with TT+, AQ+.
And once the flop action finished, there was maybe a 5% chance he'd fold the river.

Normal cap is 4 bets...unlimited raising heads up.

Hero UTG+1 w/A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

1 fold, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, all fold.

FLOP: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players / 5 SB)</font>

<font color="red">Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero 3-bets </font>, dealer says "unlimited raising heads-up", <font color="red">Villain 4-bets, Hero 5-bets</font>, Villain seems confused and looks at dealer who again says "unlimited raising heads-up", Villain calls.

TURN: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players / 7 BB)</font>

Hero bets, Villain calls

RIVER: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players / 9 BB)</font>

Hero checks, Villain checks

I was ready to go to the moon on the flop (villain had about 15 BB in his stack, I cover).
The turn, I kept leading, but upon reflection this bet seems useless because it's no longer for value. It's a semi-bluff into a player who isn't going to fold. I wanted to stay aggressive (I'm really working on that) but I think this was unnecessary. However, he almost certainly would have bet the turn if I checked.
The river...I can't imagine I'm calling any bet by him.