View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Stop And Go Day 2 Hand

I don't like your range for Villain at all. An UTG+ reraise of an UTG raise is an extraordinarily strong play. Do you have reason to think he's particularly aggressive, or to think that he expects you to be on an especially wide range here. It's also relevant that he's putting in 1/3 of his stack preflop and likely committing himself to an all in from you (the UTG raiser) or anyone behind him who wakes up with a hand. Frankly I'd be shocked to see 77 here. JJ+ and AQ+ is what I'd put him on, and that makes TT a fold. If you're going to proceed with it, I guess call and flop shove makes sense, not because it looks strong, but because you're right that he's never folding preflop but might make a bad fold on the flop. The fact that he's never folding flop if he's any good, as others have pointed out, is the reason for a play like this. If he's not any good, he might make a mistake that he wouldn't make if you shove pre.

OP, I don't get your reasoning that with 23K behind he has room to fold flop. You are shoving 13K, not his full 23K.