View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Settle a value bet discussion

Commerce 4/8 game Monday with no less than 4 total lagtards. It would hit a personal best of 5 lagtards a little later. The Villian in this hand is a new lagtard, 40ish Asian lady with fewer than two orbits, but she has already shown a willingness to bang away with 3 bets and caps.

Hero is UTG+1 with KQo. Time to raise. 4 cold calls including Villian in CO. Flop is QQx! I bet out, 2 folds, Villian raises, folds back to me, now h/u. I just call. Turn is a blank. I bet out, Villian raises, I call. River blank. I check/call the river.

In hindsight I feel that I should 3 bet the flop even without much of a read on this player. IMO, the most likely hands to put me on would be AA or KK. I put that to the test by betting out again on the turn and getting raised again. OK, she has a Q, but does she have a house?

I think I got weak-tight here and should have 3 bet on either or both flop and turn. Had I 3 bet, I know that I would have had to bet out the river. No way a free card under any circumstances.

Did I leave some on the table or was my caution appropriate, particularly since I was OOP to the Villian?