View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Southwest Airlines is [censored] awesome (warning: seriously awesome)

Three years ago I had what I called my bad beat trip to Vegas. It started out with me losing my first buy-in in a NL game at the B when on about the third hand I was dealt I got the red aces and raised and around to the button who pushed all-in with the black kings and the board came all spades and ended with me getting on the plane, getting stuck with a middle seat assignment(America West, I think) and as I'm sitting there with an aisle seat open next to me spot this behometh(at least 450 lb) waddling down the aisle.

Mentally, I'm praying, please no, don't stop here, keep on going but no it was the bad beat trip so I won the lottery of who had to sit next to the morbidly obese guy.

Turns out he was very considerate, saying he was sorry and that he would scrunch himself up as small as possible. And the poor [censored] really tried to but he still spilled half way over onto my seat. I guess I should have complained but the plane was sold out so I didn't want to cause a big embarrassment and suffered for 5 hours with this guys blubber suffocating me.

Beleive me, the 2 seat policy is a good one.