View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Humberto Brenes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably a nice guy, but when he was doing his [censored] during the WSOP ME last year it was simpy unnacceptable. Guy moves in with queens preflop or something, Humberto starts dancing, waving this little shark around (without calling). Then he calls over the ESPN cameras and does this whole show about being a shark and then calls with aces.

He gets away with it cause he's foreign and friendly, but if I tried that [censored] I'd get shot even if I was mother teresa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Sr. Brenes speaks and writes Spanish, which will be very useful in this industry in the next 24-36 months.

(Unfortunately for you, you don't speak German even though you have a German surname. That means your worth to the industry at this point is virtually zero.)

--

In case you haven't figured it out by now:

Sr. Brenes put on a show at the 2006 WSOP because he was likely auditioning for a media job with el lider mundial en deportes.

He ended up getting a media job with el lider mundial en deportes (writing poker for a Spanish-language website).

Another person that 90+% of you absolutely hate, a female poker pro with initials A.D., landed a marketing job with the same organization two years ago.

I wonder which pro will be the next target of a 2+2 "hate" thread. There seems to be one starting every hour...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver:

Twice now, you have shown Dids comment about Brenes being an attention whore when the cameras come by as correct. You may view that as being part of a hate thread but this board is for commentary and opinion. You sure had no problem spewing hatred for the WPT for a long long time yet you now have problems with those of us pointing out our dissatisfaction and disgust with a slow rolling attention whore?

You provide great information to this board but are probably in the top 5 for hypocrites.