View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: AQ river and maybe preflop/flop/turn

I came to this thread through SSSH digest and I have some comments. I would be pleased if someone could let me know whether I'm right or not?

I really don't like all "good laydown on the river" stuff. Getting more than 14-to-1 means that you have to win this hand only 7% of the time. And I think you will win more than that even in those scary situations.

Otherwise I would fold the flop vs. reasonable players but I'm almost always capping or calling with the intention to c/r the flop in the loose games I play.

I would sometimes fold on this flop when player(s) are acting behind me but I'm mostly raising cause there's a good chance to make MP fold, the pot is getting big and there's a good chance you're still the best. (MP could be easily on two overcards here and won't like to call 2 cold)

I would probably fold on the turn. Pot is big (and that's the most important in this hand) but I need more outs to call two cold here and a players is also acting behind me.

I'd just overcall on the river and never fold. Folding the river for one bet when closing the action in a big pot is a disaster even when I'm almost sure I'm beaten. I'm never folding for one bet here when getting more than 10-to-1 unless I missed my draw.

good varaince