View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: A further explanation of my red zone theory

[ QUOTE ]
-Reraising allin with 8-13BB (more the top end of that range) is often "particularly advantageous" (and in fact one of the most profitable moves in tournament poker).

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain this? Did you mean raising and not reraising? Reraising with 8 BBs doesn't strike me as particularly advantageous, while 13 BBs does.

[ QUOTE ]
-Many pushes are not much more profitable with 10BB than with 7.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because your FE isn't much higher with 10 than 7 I presume.

[ QUOTE ]
-Even if many pushes will be profitable with 7BB, you might not get the chance to make them (raises in front, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the biggest strike by far I have against betgo's theory - this goes especially for higher buy-ins, where you're often forced to open shove whenever you have the opportunity when you're low enough.

[ QUOTE ]
-Having 20+BBs is such an advantage, often, that the ability to get that high is a big element of the attractiveness of a push with 11BB and a big part of why it's so bad to be down to 7BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think another point is that having 12/13-20 BBs is so important since you have resteal FE makes pushing 9-11 important. Pushing 4-8 BBs means you still don't have any resteal FE.

[ QUOTE ]
-All that said, I agree that the difference between 10BB and 7BB is often overstated--but it's mostly a big vs. huge sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Due to resteal FE, I don't think this is entirely true.