View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Open question to Stars about real-time adviser apps

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do think something like this should be against TOS, but I think anyone who can gain significantly from this help would lack the basic knowledge to put their opponents on an accurate hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

so these things require you to input the hand-ranges EACH time?
So it would be pretty impossible to use any of them effectively if you were multi-tabling, right?

Even if it was using PT's PFR percentage and trying to come up with a realistic range wouldn't it still not be a big deal? (especially considering that number of players varies, and that we might also be looking at post-flop all-in's).

If the player himself has to input all the hand-ranges he thinks the opponent is on for that situation then I absolutely don't have a problem with the calculator.
And I definitely think the comparison to 'telling you how to play' or even directly to 'bots' are somewhat exaggerated.

Most players are bound to screw up the range anyway.
This could be one of those things that hurts a so-so player more than it helps if I'm understanding how it works correctly.

Basically, this is something that almost no successful multi-tabling SNG'ers would bother with I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
The current version of SNGEGT already has a very crude type of general opponent model (where it will set the opponent's range based on their stack/blind ratio).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]