View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Scared to move up - whats wrong with me??

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Scared to move up - whats wrong with me??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing's wrong with you. I have a similair problem and I've been playing for a living for 3 years now.

Your "emotional bankroll" isnt as high as your "cash bankroll" Bill gates plays poker and when he does he plays $1-2 and $2-4

I 8 tabled the 3-6 6 max games for a living for 2 1/2 years
and could never really move past that limit even tho I was over a 2 BB/100 winner over about 1.5 million hands.

I have just over 79K hands at 5-10 with a winrate of 1.72 8 tabling but I was never able to deal with the huge swings at that limit So I moved back down to 3-6 even tho I as making more money at 5-10

I wasnt comfortable having swings that large even when my bankroll could handle it.

I made the switch to NL 6 months ago and I told myself I would move up the limits this time, no excuses. I started at 100NL, 6 months later I am still playing 100NL full ring with very little 200NL mixed in, with a 722 buyin bankroll

I have the skills and the bankroll to move up, I have 482K hands at 100NL with an ok winrate, 3.02 PTBB/100 16 tabling full ring (12 on Stars and 4 on Party) and I have 92K hands 8 tabling 100Nl 6 max with a decent winrate there also.

My problem is I go on crazy ass monkey tilt if I play higher then NL100.

I can play NL100 and not bat an eye if I drop 6 or 7 buy ins but god forbid I should drop 1 or 2 buyins at 200NL.

The moment it happens my whole game changes, it goes down the gutter. I don't know why but I get upset and I "need to win that money back"

I get emotionally upset over loosing 1-2 buyins at NL200 but at the same time I could care less If I just lost 7 buyins at 100NL over the past 2-3 days.

I've never been able to figure it out and I gave up trying a long time ago.

I've just accepted that I will forever be a 16 tabling full ring nit who will never move beyond 200NL.

I wish they made a pill for this.