View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Can you live peacefully with poker?

[ QUOTE ]
The poster of that answer is obviously not used to big sums of money (neither am I, but that is irrelevant).
Playing with 400K swings and still continue to play your A-game just means that money is not that important for Brian. That's not "severe mania, clinical depression, and egomania", it just means that he has learned to cope with those swings and that is a GOOD thing.

The point is, IT'S ONLY MONEY. Money is not that important in life. Especially when you have plenty of it, but also when you don't have much, like me.

Important things in life are food, a place to stay, health, friends, love, happiness. Money is not on that list. A couple of thousands of years ago there was no money, nobody could buy stuff, but I can't imagine that everyone was unhappy back then.

As long as you realize that money is not that important, and that poker is just one part of your life - instead of 'your life' - it's very possible to live peacefully with poker. It can make a good life even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

As long as your not banking your whole life on poker ( remind you of anyone), and your bankroll does not = your self worth, than its fine. Also poker (professionally especially) is not for everyone...