View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Re: berry tenanbaum (spelling?) is coming out with a book?

[ QUOTE ]
Like Mason (whose post is very similar to mine) I've always reserved the right to wait for the work to speak for itself, any discussion before they are released is just speculation and talk about his past body of work, and nothing more. I'll probably read it, but at this stage of my development I don't expect to learn anything new but if I do I'll be very happy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi TT:

I think this is the real problem here. A book on Advanced Limit Hold 'em Strategy if it's well done, should have virtually nothing new to offer. If it has a lot of new stuff, and it is addressing full ring games, I would be skeptical.

I do think that there is still some territory for higher limit short handed games (and heads-up play) that has not yet been well explored or could be explored some more, and that's why we're bringing out World Class High Stakes and Short-Handed Limit Hold ’em by By Ray Zee and David Fromm which should complement our just released book Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games; Short-Handed and High-Stakes Concepts and Theory for Limit Hold 'em by by Nick "Stoxtrader" Grudzien and Geoff "Zobags" Herzog. And perhaps the new offering from D&B Publishing on this topic (which Tanebaum is part of the author team) will be worthwhile as well.

But I can't help but think that another book on limit hold 'em will just not be worth it. I suspect that if this book was written ten or perhaps only five years ago it might have made a difference in the literature just like the different editions of Hold 'em Poker for Advanced Players and Small Stakes Hold 'em did, but I can't see it having much impact today, and my prediction is that the author, as well as D&B Publishing, will be disappointed in its sales

However, I've been wrong before and that can be the case here as well. So again when the text comes out we'll be looking forward to any reviews and comments that may appear here.

best wishes,
mason