View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: 2p2er Viruses me, o noes now what?

[ QUOTE ]
check for any abnormal .exe's. Is the link you dl'ed a .exe?

Basically what your worried about here is a keylogger and your pkr accts right?

im gonna go on another computer and change the email pass immed. I guess I will have a professional look at the computer and reformat it asap, and should probably shut it down till then?

If so turn off your pc, go onto a lap top, friends pc, anything and change all of your passwords to your pkr accts, email, etc. Then reformat your computer after saving what you need to a harddrive or w/e. Reformatting will make your PC exactly how it was out of the box.

[/ QUOTE ]

* Re: 2p2er Viruses me, o noes now what?

Quote:
check for any abnormal .exe's. Is the link you dl'ed a .exe?

Basically what your worried about here is a keylogger and your pkr accts right?

im gonna go on another computer and change the email pass immed. I guess I will have a professional look at the computer and reformat it asap, and should probably shut it down till then?

If so turn off your pc, go onto a lap top, friends pc, anything and change all of your passwords to your pkr accts, email, etc. Then reformat your computer after saving what you need to a harddrive or w/e. Reformatting will make your PC exactly how it was out of the box.

i had a friend email the poker sites to have them freeze the accounts and stars has called me so far on the phone to be safe, which is good

I can't imagine this not being from theaudition, since it seems to me that multiple spy cookies and spysweeper threats and viruses don't just randomly install themself and thats definitely the only download I've made....

the file was a backup file for pokertracker. I'm gonna go on another computer to change my email password and have a professional look at computer and reformat it asap- I guess I should shut it down till then>?