View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: bet dark, check dark

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many is the button villain in this hand. we're 4 or 5 handed. he openraises from the cutoff or button and i 3 bet KJo from one of the blinds. he calls. heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think howmany's game might have a hole in it if you think this play is profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under these game conditions, he has no business sitting down if he didn't ever take this line with banana's. Look at what mike's doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong--raising in Howmany's spot with air is just bad. And you have Mike's rebluff to prove it. Nobody folds a pair tto a flop raise there and {Ax,22+} makes up the vast majority of mike's range. 3-betting KJ from Mike's spot is terribly standard but still not a big enough part of his range to raise with T9s or whatever.

Edit: Really I should have said that if howmany doesn't have a rep for raising the flop with his good hands on these kinds of steal/resteal situations then he shouldn't be raising with air. If Mike knows he'll raise with a bad ace, for instance, then an occasional bluff with air is probably profitable.