Thread: KK in big pot
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: KK in big pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking about turn check. We may be looking at an overcall decision. It may be about the same if we bet the turn as last ui. Can you call a river bet in the check behind plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the dilemma I face often. I just don't trust my hand reading enough to be able to figure out if I can call a bet or not. So, since there's one more bet bound to go into this pot, I'd rather stick it in myself in the knowledge that whatever action the turn/river brings, I have a decent idea of where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea is "is an unknown going to be betting the river w/JJ or QQ if we check behind, or do we get more value by him calling the turn." The more I think about this hand, I am committed to a showdown for 1 and only one bet UI. The other guy's hand can be basically discounted because he's calling with any piece anyway.

I was playing a live hand HU, I think I I 3-bet or capped JJ vs another guy semi-donkish. I led an A flop and he folded, turning JJ face-up. This is different because we want JJ to call.