View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: It figures

I suck at trip reports (I save my better writing for my blog, not here), so here's the quick and dirty:

No 3/6 available at Horseshoe, I'm forced to play 4/8. I'm not as nervous about the money as I thought... bought in for a rack of whites and a row of reds, $200... turns out I didn't need that much. 1st table was a bunch of retirees who liked to call down with 2nd, 3rd pair and wonder why they were losing to flushes, straights, and top pairs. After about 4 hours playing I'm up 15bb and table is rocking up ([censored] sits at 4/8 limit with sunglasses on, and takes like a minute for every decision, and to count 8 chips) so I decide to stand up, eat lunch and call my wife to see if she's coming to get me any time soon. Voicemail.

Eat lunch (didn't ask for comp, cuz I'm a n00b and I didn't want to eat at the table), call wife, voicemail. Sit down again but only buy in for 1 rack. Nice table... 2 chicks, and a hodgepodge of nationalities. Some nice passivity there, but I ruin it by getting a run of decent hands... most of which hit. One hand I think I have a K, with a K on the board so I'm betting out on turn and Indian guy on my immediate left folds 2nd pair face-up. As the pot is being pushed to me I show my hand, Q7s... oops. They start calling me again.

Other than that once I got up $100 I played pretty conservative cuz I didn't want to lose it. Maybe not a good long-run strategy, but fine for me since I have buy a new monitor since the LCD I took with me got big ugly scratches across the face of it. Anyone know how to repair glass scratches?

Final tally: Up 20BBs. Live poker is fun.