View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: How badly is the US inciting Islamic hatred against itself?

chez,

I take the mostly silence of the supposed majority, as either de facto support of the radicals, or cowardly appeasement. If the majority of Moslems are agains these radicals, and in fact oppose the imposition of Shari'a by force and the commitment to destroy Israel/the Jews, then they need to SPEAK UP.

This whole "we're alienating the moderates" [censored] is a red herring. If the majority of Moslmes truly want peace and religious tolerance, then let it be shown in the actions of the governments of their countries, and in their own personal attitudes toward women in general, and also non-believers. They expect and demand religious freedom when they emmigrate to the west, but they most often, whether overtly or more subletly, deny non-believers living in majority Moslem countries, those same rights, and you know that is true. And what is more, just as is constantly demonstrated in Iraq, they fight among themselves over religious differences.

As has often been discussed in these forums, Islam is still stuck in the mindset and practices of the middle ages, that Christians and other religiouns mostly left behind. And note that all these comments are directed mainly at the majority Moslems countries, and not to Moslems living in western countries.

When all of the following are true, we will know the majority of Moslems sincerely want peace and not to impose their faith on others by force:

1) Israel's right to exist is acknowledged;

2) A christian minister/priest can freely proclaim the gospel in Riyadh;

3) Moslems everywhere stop trying to impose Shari'a law on anyone Moslem or non-beliver who doesn't want to live under it (i.e. the rights of the minority are protected even if a majority wishes more religion in government);

4) A majority of Moslem clerics *in majority Moslem countries* denounce all the actions of Islamic terrorists, no matter against whom they are directed.