Thread: A bluff
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 01:46 AM

Default A bluff

Villain is 34/25/3
He's raised my bb to $5 every time it's been folded to him. I called once and he check folded, rr once, he called and c/f the flop but have otherwise haven't played back at him from the bb.

We played one significant pot when I reraised him from the button with JJ, checked top set behind on the flop and he turned a set of kings. Obv, we got it all in (he potted the turn and river).

He got another stack (not mine) when he potted an OESD on the flop turned the str8 and potted the turn and river against some moron.

$0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players

SB: $332.35
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $100.00</font>
UTG: $105.50
CO: $38.55
BTN: $97.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.00</font>, SB calls $10.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $19.00</font>, SB calls $19.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($68) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($68) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $66.00

How is my line? (I think my pfr is too big) What's the minimum hand he should call me down with? What does my hand look like? If it's not a good bluff, what makes it bad?